Thursday, November 5, 2009

retired

I am officially a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. The other PCVs finishing with me have decided it's better to say that we've retired, not that we're unemployed. The "retired" designation does justice to the variety and vastness of our experiences here in Kazakhstan, as if we'd spent a lifetime here, while at the same time giving us the option to "come out of retirement" sometime in the future if we so desire.

I'm leaving tomorrow for my two-week trip home. My trip looks like this: Moscow (Nov 7-9), St. Petersburg (Nov 10-14), Tallinn, Estonia (Nov 15-16), Riga, Latvia (Nov 17-18), Vilnius, Lithuania (Nov 19-20), Warsaw, Poland (Nov 21). I will be home late on the 21st. I'm pumped.

Also, here are new pictures on facebook.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Felipe,

"Retired" makes sense.

You are well on your way, in St Petersburg, halfway here.

It will be very good -- esp. for your family -- to have you home!

Fare well. 'Til then!